Jeongdong Theater 'MISO'
Business InquiriesJinwan Park
Address43 Jeongdong-gil, Jung-gu, Seoul 100-120, Korea
Phone82 2 751 1940
Fax82 2 751 1999
- Korea's most representative traditional performance production theater
- Over 1 million audiences across 5,800 shows for the past 18 years (June 2014)
- No. 1 traditional Korean performance enjoyed by audiences all over the world
- Voted Best Play in Korea by foreign visitors! (Traditional Korean Play Survey, Korea Tourism Organization)
- Korea’s top global performance (85% of viewers are overseas tourists)
- "MISO:Baebijang-jeon(裵裨將傳)”: A Satirical Novel Representative of the Joseon Dynasty
The fateful encounter of Secretary Bae, an official that we can’t help but love, and Ae-rang, a beautiful woman who is proud and clever
Bae Geol-deok-swe, who always tries to maintain the honor of the gentry, is appointed the government position of the secretary in charge of culture and art. He goes to his new post in Jeju Island with the new district magistrate. In Jeju Island, Secretary Bae doesn’t mingle with the people at the welcoming party of the new magistrate. Instead, he goes around scolding the other secretaries for socializing with gisaengs. The magistrate wants to test Secretary Bae who vows never to be seduced by any kind of temptation, so the magistrate declares that he’ll handsomely reward anyone who can seduce Secretary Bae. Ae-rang, one of Jeju Island’s most beautiful women, comes forward, saying she’ll seduce him.......
•Time: Open Run 4pm/8pm(Closed on Mondays)
•Ticket: VIP seat ￦60,000 / R seat ￦50,000 / S seat ￦40,000
•Booking: 02-751-1500 / www.jeongdong.or.kr