Seoul offers subvention to support international conferences and meetings that meet all the following criteria according to the event type.
• Meetings organized or sponsored by international organizations, associations and societies
* International non-governmental organizations and intergovernmental organizations that are included in the UIA’s
• Lasting at least 3 days in Seoul
• At least 300 participants with 30 percent of the participants from countries other than the host country and at least 5 nationalities represented
• Meetings NOT organized or sponsored by international organizations, associations and societies
• Lasting at least 2 days in Seoul
• At least 150 participants from countries other than the host country
• Meetings of at least 50 participants from countries other than the host country may also apply for support consideration that is subject to review and approval.
Type of Support and Details
|Types of Assistance|
(Events to be Attracted)
|Assistance with bidding for international conferences and meetings to attract these events to Seoul.|
(Events to be promoted)
|Assistance in promotional activities to bring international conferences and meetings to be held in Seoul.|
(Events to be Hosted)
|Assistance with the operation of international conferences and meetings to be held in Seoul.|
※ Candidates are limited to each type of assistance once per event (included publicity runs until the year before the event takes place)
How to Apply
Application for a financial support must be made via the SCB’s official website. As all forms must be completed in Korean, only the Korean local organizing committee, related Korean organization, local PCO or DMC is allowed to apply for the process. Please contact the SCB at least 2 months prior to the event begins.
Financial support recipients agree to credit Seoul City for sponsorship, and also adhere to guidelines regarding publicity of the Seoul City logo. Organizer must pay for expenses first, and will receive financial support upon conclusion of the event and submission of the required post-event documents.