National Hangeul Museum
RepresentativeCheol Min Kim
Business InquiriesYun Ah Kim
Address139 Seobinggo-ro, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, Korea
Phone02 2124 6297
Fax02 2124 6270
The National Hangeul Museum (NHM) was opened on October 9, 2014 to promote and disseminate the linguistic and cultural
value of the Korean language, Hangeul, the most valued treasure of Korea’s heritage.
NHM is dedicated not only to preserving and sharing the value of Hangeul but also in expanding and creating new uses for the language through the convergence of diverse fields. In addition, the museum is planning to create opportunities for a wide variety of exchanges by expanding the cooperative network of linguistic museums around the world.
The museum’s annex building consists of four separate rooms that can be combined as one large space. The front garden of the museum can hold events up to 200 people and stretches out to the peaceful and leisurely Yongsan Family Park.
- Seoul City Tour Bus : Take the ‘Palace in the city’ course and get off at the National Museum of Korea.
- Subway : Take Line 4 to Ichon Station and get out of Exit #2 or take the Museum Nadeulgil underpass and walk for 10 min.
- Streets: Itaewon-Gil Street, Kyeongridan-Gil Street
- Shopping: Yongsan I’PARK mall, Shilla I’PARK Duty Free Shop
- Historical and cultural sites: National Museum of Korea, The War Memorial of Korea
- Others: Yongsan Family Park
Name of Hall
- Various fun cultural events on Hangeul-day and King Sejong’s Birthday
- Seoul MICE Alliance 2016 Meeting for new member companies
- Selected as one of the 50 Places to Go in 2015 by the New York Times
- English, Chinese and Japanese Digital Guides available
- Hands-on cultural activities provided for foreigners when booked in advance
- Free admission
- Ecofriendly surroundings stretching out to the Yongsan Family Park close by